September 3, 2010 § Leave a comment
Viral marketing is anything you do that deploys a trend about you. You are looking for the “domino effect” in which you’re able to get a whole community by motivating a single member:
PR Events (more about these types of events on my “other media” post):
Evidently tha impact of the event in developing a viral campaign depends on:
- The power of the brand.
- The media and consumer awareness about the event.
- The credibility and “likeness” of the presenter.
Some useful tips about doing this kind of events:
- Have an agency prepare an “invitation list”: They (agency) usually count with a great deal of contacts that are both, willing to cover your event and are cool or credible to your target.
- Develop a neat “preservable” invitation: Non of the Wedding-Type invitation or simpler as you wont get the attention you’re looking for and could end in the trash.
- Invest in improving the awareness of the event: Try to keep everybody on their toes waiting for the news to be shared.
- Reserve a great venue: This is a tricky thing, because you don’t want a place that is either too small or too big for your “guests”.
- Use your web and social communities wisely: develop a sense of need “to hear the news”.
- Start your ATL campaign right after the PR Event: This will help you get the word-of-mouth started.
Social Media Stunts
At 130’000+ hits at youtube plus several other social communities, you can expect a lot of people wasting a perfectly good Diet Coke with a mentos to prove that this works… (this is great news for Coca-Cola as you can imagine).
Tips on getting an Idea Viral:
Now, there is a group of people “yourBusinessChannel” that have develop this great video on Viral Marketing, I thought anyone that’s really interested in this, should watch it.
- Social Media the Key to Viral Marketing (brighthub.com)
- Is kinect for XBOX 360 video going viral? (viralblog.com)